|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F/ 230°C/Gas 8. Grease six deep bun or tartlet tins. Sprinkle each tin with 1 tablespoon of the grated Parmesan. Alternatively, you can use ramekins, heat them on a baking sheet in the oven, then grease and sprinkle with Parmesan just before filling.
2. Sift the flour and salt into a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and butter or margarine. Add the flour mixture and stir until smoothly blended.
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the tins, filling each one about half full. Bake for 15 minutes, then sprinkle the tops of the popovers with the remaining grated Parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas 4 and continue baking until the popovers are firm and golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove the popovers from the oven. To unmould, run a thin knife around the inside of each tin to loosen the popovers. Gently ease out, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.