|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked shellfish||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Shelled Shrimp / Lobster / Crabmeat, Cut Up)|
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and stir to a smooth paste.
2. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Add salt and pepper.
3. Beat egg yolks slightly in a small bowl. Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into egg yolks, beating constantly. Return mixture to remaining sauce and stir thoroughly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in Tabasco. Beat mixture thoroughly with a rotary beater or a whisk.
5. Fold in seafood. Keep warm over hot water in top of a double boiler. Fold in 2 tablespoons sherry, if desired.
6. Serve on rice or toast points.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2380 Calories from Fat 1033
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g178.3%
Saturated Fat 61 g304.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1323.2 mg441.1%
Sodium 4234.7 mg176.4%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 72.1 g
Protein 183 g366.2%
Vitamin A 157.9% Vitamin C 211.2%
Calcium 208% Iron 776.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet