|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked shellfish||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Shelled Shrimp / Lobster / Crabmeat, Cut Up)|
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and stir to a smooth paste.
2. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Add salt and pepper.
3. Beat egg yolks slightly in a small bowl. Stir a small amount of hot milk mixture into egg yolks, beating constantly. Return mixture to remaining sauce and stir thoroughly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in Tabasco. Beat mixture thoroughly with a rotary beater or a whisk.
5. Fold in seafood. Keep warm over hot water in top of a double boiler. Fold in 2 tablespoons sherry, if desired.
6. Serve on rice or toast points.