Oysters Spinach Rockefeller
|Raw spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh chervil||1 Teaspoon (Use Either 1 Or All)|
|Fresh tarragon||1 Teaspoon (Use Either 1 Or All)|
|Savory||1 Teaspoon (Use Either 1 Or All)|
|Butter/1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Oysters in shells||24 (Use Live Fresh Variety)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Start oven, set at Hot, 450° F.
2. Put the washed spinach, parsley, celery, scallions, chervil, tarragon or savory through the food chopper, using the finest knife. (It may be necessary to put the greens through twice.) Gradually work them into the softened butter. Add the Tabasco sauce, absinthe, salt and cayenne. Taste and add more salt if needed.
3. Scrub and rinse the oysters, open them, discard the small upper shells, leaving oysters in the deeper, lower ones.
4. Place oysters in a shallow baking pan. Spread some of the prepared butter or margarine mixture over each oyster; sprinkle lightly with crumbs and dot with the remaining butter or margarine.
5. Bake about 10 minutes, or until the oysters are browned on top.