Fried Green Tomaotes
|Green tomato||3 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Butter milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For mayonnaise sauce|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||1 Pinch|
|Lemon juice||1 Dash|
1. Line a plate with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, place flour, salt and pepper.
3. In another bowl, place milk.
2. In a skillet, heat peanut oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Dip each tomato slice in milk and the dredge into the flour. Slide gently into the heated oil.
4. Brown the tomatoes from both sides and transfer to the plate covered with paper towels.
5. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients of the mayonnaise sauce and mix.
5. In a serving bowl, spread the prepared sauce at the bottom and place the tomato slices.
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.1 mg2%
Sodium 311 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet