For something a little different, try this recipe for Fried Green Tomatoes.
3 , cut into 1/4 inch slices
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Freshly ground black pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)
For mayonnaise sauce
Salt and pepper
1. Line a plate with paper towels.
2. In a bowl, place flour, salt and pepper.
3. In another bowl, place milk.
2. In a skillet, heat peanut oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Dip each tomato slice in milk and the dredge into the flour. Slide gently into the heated oil.
4. Brown the tomatoes from both sides and transfer to the plate covered with paper towels.
5. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients of the mayonnaise sauce and mix.
5. In a serving bowl, spread the prepared sauce at the bottom and place the tomato slices.
If you have grown tomatoes in your garden and you can't wait till they are red and ready to eat, here is a green tomato recipe that's going to impress you. Chef Scott is making Southern Fried Green Tomatoes for his friend and this could become your favorite as well. Slices if green tomatoes coated with seasoned flour and deep fried can be enjoyed in burgers, as side dish or even with your salad.