Supreme of Trout with Crabmeat Sauce is a classic New Orleans dish originally served at Masson's Restaurant in New Orleans. For something special for dinner give it a try... you'll be so happy you did.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (for dredging)
4 Cup (64 tbs), cooked
1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into 4 inch pieces
Green onion top
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Salt and pepper
1. In a microwave safe bowl, place beans, add water, cover with a plastic wrap and microwave for 4 to 5 minutes.
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil and butter, dredge the trout nicely into the flour, and brown from both sides, until they turn golden brown.
2. In a sauce pan melt butter, add green onions, cook for few minutes, add white wine, heavy cream and cayenne pepper.
3.Cook on medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, reduce the heat to medium, stir for 5 minutes. Seson with salt and pepper.
4. Add crab-meat and fold nicely. Turn the heat off.
5. In a small bowl, take the egg yolks, add little bit of the cream sauce, and mix, pour the mixture into the pan and stir.
6. Simmer for few more minutes.
7. In a mixing bowl, place cooked rice, add green onions and mix.
8. In a serving plate, place trout, rice and steamed beans, top the trout with sauce.
Chef Scott is going back to where his forte is and making a very traditional Southern Louisiana style dish that is Supreme of Trout with Crabmeat Sauce. This recipe was first developed by a restaurant which no longer exists but thankfully Scott has it with a few twists and it has to be delicious. If you want people to think you are fantastic, then you should be making this delicious dish for everyone.