All American Steak Broil
|Sirloin steak||1 , cut 1 1/2-inches thick|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar/Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced and separated into rings|
|Canned whole mushrooms||6 Ounce, drained|
1. Remove the steak from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. Trim any excess fat, then score remaining fat edge every inch so meat will lie flat on grill. Place steak in a shallow pan.
2. Mix the oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, thyme and pepper in a small bowl; pour over the steak; cover. Let stand at room temperature to season.
3. When ready to cook meat, rub hot grill with a few fat trimmings to help prevent sticking. Remove steak from marinade and place on grill about 6 inches above hot coals.
4. Grill, brushing several times with marinade from pan, 10 minutes; turn. Grill 10 minutes longer for rare, or until steak is done as you like it.
5. While meat cooks, saute onion rings in butter or margarine until soft in a large skillet at the edge of grill; stir in mushrooms; keep hot.
6. Remove steak to a cutting board or large platter; spoon onions and mushrooms around the edge. Slice the steak 1/4 inch thick.