For an all-American favorite please try my recipe for humburgers. They are utterly delicious and such a crowd pleaser.
1⁄2 , grated
1. Line a tray with aluminium foil.
2. In a mixing bowl, place ground beef, add onion, break the egg, add all other ingredients, lastly drizzling the Worcestershire sauce.Mix gently.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts, make cookie shapes patties and place on the tray. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
4. Pre-heat the grill to 400F.
5. In the pre-heated grill, place the patties, grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Rotate the hamburgers at 90 degrees, grill for another 2 minutes.
7. Flip and grill for another 5 to 6 minutes.
8. spread mayonnaise on the lower segment of the burger bun and mustard on the upper segment of the bun.
9. On the lower half of the bun, place patty, lettuce, tomato slice and onion slice and cap with the other half.
So, you think you know all about an American Hamburger. Well, I would ask if you are taking it for granted? After watching this video on American Hamburger, you will probably think you never knew your hamburger. Chef Scott's insightful tips on buying meat will change the way you make hamburgers and you will only get an extremely delicious American hamburger. He is grilling the patties and building his burgers in a very technical way.