Pulled Pork Sandwiches
|Pork butt/Pork shoulder||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Apple juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Barbeque sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry rub ingredients|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a small bowl, place all ingredients dry rub ingredients. Using a whisk, mix all ingredients.
2. Rub the prepared powder on the pork to coat it completely, make sure to rub the powder even inside the cracks.Cover and refrigerate for 10 to 24 hours.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 300F.
4. In a roasting pan, pour apple juice and water, place a rack and put the marinated pork on it and pour the remaining marinade juice.
5. Cover the roasting pan with aluminium foil, bake at 300F for 5 hours.
6. After 5 hours, uncover and bake for another 30 minutes. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
7. Transfer the pork to a mixing bowl, using two forks pull to get small pieces. Add barbecue sauce and mix.
8. Spread the pulled pork on the lower part of the potato roll, cap it with the upper part and serve.