Southern Fried Chicken Legs
|Chicken leg||5 1⁄2 Pound|
|Buttermilk||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Louisiana hot sauce/Any hot sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||3 , beaten|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. In a vessel, put butter milk, Louisiana hot sauce, salt and pepper, mix well. Add chicken legs, allow to marinade for 4-5 hours in refrigerator.
2. Cover a bowl with paper towels.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, add 1 cup of marinade mixture, egg and water, and mix.
4. In a shallow dish, place all purpose flour, ground pepper, paprika, garlic powder and salt, combine well.
5. Dip each chicken leg first in the flour mixture, then in the egg batter and again into the flour to coat uniformly, arrange on a tray.
6. Heat oil to about 350F, fry the chicken leg until it turns deep brown, transfer to the bowl covered with paper towel.
7. Serve hot with salad and pickle.
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 263 mg87.7%
Sodium 786.5 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 59 g118.2%
Vitamin A 81.9% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet