A flavorful cabbage recipe that is sauteed to perfection! This basic cabbage recipe simmers in chicken broth, butter, olive oil, fresh black pepper and seasoning salt to create one delicious pot of healthy cabbage.
To Taste, freshly crushed
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Cut the cabbage into 4. Remove the stem and chop them into 1- 1 ½ inch strips.
2. In a large pot heat butter and olive oil on medium.
3. Add salt and pepper to it.
4. Put the cabbage and pour broth.
5. Toss it well or stir till well coated.
6. Season with seasoning salt, mix well, and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes or till the cabbage is soft and tender. Stir occasionally and do not overcook.
8. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
9. In a serving plate, serve with choice of a main dish.
Sauteed onions, garlic, pepper flakes, smoked meat, etc can also be added if desired to enhance the flavor.
To make this dish completely vegetarian, water can be used instead of chicken broth.
Simple yet delicious!! Southern style cabbage is the best way to make some one like cabbage. It is the best alternative to a meaty dish because it provides the right amount roughage. This dish is perhaps a very low fat food. Watch this video and you'll like every part of it.