To cook the beets:
1. Bake or boil the beets, but leave the skins on.
To cook the asparagus:
2. Cut them to length, peel and blanching them in hot water for about 2 minutes. (Peeling the asparagus allows the stems to cook at the same rate as the tips.)
To make the dressing:
3. Mix balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic (Herbs could be added as well).
4. Whisk in olive oil to create vinaigrette.
To mix the salad:
5. Dice the beets and then place the asparagus in a salad bowl.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine mixed greens and beets and add the dressing.
7. Shred Romano cheese into the salad mixture, then place mixture atop asparagus.
8. Shred additional cheese onto entire serving and serve.
Crunchy salads can get interesting when made with infusion of flavors. Watch chef Maxwell showing how to make a colorful, healthy, delicious and flavorful salad with red beets and asparagus along with greens. Good for dinners or lunches.