In this video, Betty describes how she makes her delectable Southern Oven-Fried Chicken recipe. It is crispy and delicious and very easy to make!
2 Pound, uncooked, cut to make 4 equal sized breast pieces
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Dredging)
Ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
2. Cover a tray with paper towel.
3. Using a kitchen shear, discard the excess fat from the chicken pieces and cut the chicken breasts into 4 equal parts.
4. Sprinkle meat tenderizer on the both sides of each piece of chicken.
5. In a zip-lock bag, place flour, put one chicken piece at a time and shake well to coat.
6. In a skillet, pour peanut oil, place the coated chicken breast pieces, cook till brown from both sides.
7. Now place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. Transfer to the tray covered with paper towel.
When in a mood for some healthy bingeing, try making this delightful baked chicken dish at home? Crispy and delicious, this yummy dish takes no more than 30 minutes to put together and makes for a feisty, healthy indulgence. Stream the video recipe and get making it at home.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 131.5 mg43.8%
Sodium 184.1 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 56 g111.2%
Vitamin A 1%
Vitamin C 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Betty's Southern Oven-Fried Chicken Breast Recipe Video