Pork Chops Creole
|Pork chops||6 (Rib / Loin, Cut 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red kidney beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||10 Ounce (1 Soup Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Leaf oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Whole Ones)|
1. Brown pork chops in their own fat in large skillet; remove and set aside; drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pan.
2. Saute celery and onion until softened in same skillet; stir in chili powder; cook 1 minute.
3. Stir in kidney beans and liquid, com and liquid, rice, tomato soup, water, salt, oregano and the pepper; mix well. Bring the mixture to boiling.
4. Pour into a greased, 12-cup baking dish; arrange browned chops on top; cover.
5. Bake in a moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour, or until rice and chops are tender. Garnish with ripe olives just before serving.