Cajun Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
|Smoked sausages||1 Pound|
|Picsweet seasoning blend||12 Ounce (Onions, bell pepper and celery)|
|Long grain white rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canola oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley/Dried parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Cut up the whole chicken and boil it for an hour.
2. Slice up the sausage into 1/4 ich pieces.
3. In a pan heat up the canola oil and then add the sausage slices to it. Fry for about 10 minutes till it becomes golden brown.
4. Once this is done, we add in the boiled chicken and fry it.
5. Add in the seasoning blend and we brown it till all the vegetables are done. Keep stiring to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
6. Then pour in the chicken stock to the pan and bring it to a boil for about 15 mins.
7. Once it comes to a boil, add in the chopped onions and the parsley.
8. After about 15 min add in the rice and stir it up well. Cover and cook on very low heat, at gas mark 2 for a total of 30 min.
9. After this has been cooking for 15 min, remove the lid and toss it up lightly to avoid sticking to the pan.
10. After another 15 min, remove the lid and serve hot in a plate.
Salt, pepper and Tony's seasoning can also be added to the recipe.
Calories 1037 Calories from Fat 229
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.2 mg37.7%
Sodium 897.2 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 57 g113.3%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet