Hot Curried Slaw
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Large, finely shredded|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and halved|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Butter||60 Gram (plus 2 teaspoons butter extra)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Place cabbage, carrot, stock, onion halves with cloves pressed in, garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper in a large casserole dish. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes on high, stirring halfway through cooking.
2. Remove onion and bay leaves.
3. Melt butter for 45 seconds on high in a jug. Stir in flour and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute on high.
4. Gradually stir in cream. Toss through slaw. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot with extra butter.
5. Cook for 4-6 minutes on high.