Shrimp Creole With Worcestershire Sauce
|Fresh shrimp||1 Pound, cooked|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can, sieved)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Reserve 8 whole shrimp for garnish and cut remainder into pieces. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Heat oil in a 2-quart glass casserole in microwave oven 30 seconds at HIGH. Mix in onion and green pepper. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4 minutes at HIGH, or until tender; stir after each minute.
3. Sprinkle vegetables with flour. Stir in remaining ingredients except cooked rice. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 6 minutes at HIGH; stir once or twice.
4. Stir in shrimp pieces. Heat uncovered in microwave oven to serving temperature (3 minutes at HIGH).
5. Serve shrimp mixture on hot cooked rice and garnish with the whole shrimp.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1346 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 689.4 mg229.8%
Sodium 4250.8 mg177.1%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.2%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 111 g221.6%
Vitamin A 111.1% Vitamin C 558.1%
Calcium 50.3% Iron 134.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet