Easy Crockpot Beef Stew
|All purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Tony’s Original)|
|Lean beef stew meat||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning blend||12 Ounce (onions, bell peppers, celery & parsley)|
|Turnips||3 Medium, peeled & quartered|
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled and cut|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a deep bowl, put the flour. Add salt and Tony's Seasoning.
2. Toss the Beef Stew meat in the flour coating on all sides. Set aside in another bowl.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet on medium heat.
4. Brown the meat in batches on all sides.
5. In the heated and oiled Crock Pot base place meat.
6. Once all meat is browned and placed in the Crock Pot, toss in the Seasoning Blend, carrots, turnips and add the minced garlictly and season again.
7. Add in the water.
8. Cover and place Crock Pot on medium– high heat. Allow to cook for 4 hours undisturbed.
9. Serve hot over cooked rice or creamy mashed potatoes.
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg21.2%
Sodium 518.9 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 41 g82.3%
Vitamin A 282.5% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 66.2% Iron 131.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet