Halibut With Avocado Mash And Green Papaya Slaw
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Shallots||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), halved|
|Whole black peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , halved|
|Rice vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Green papaya||1 Pound, peeled seeded and julienned|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Hass avocado||1 Large, mashed|
|Skinless halibut fillets||24 Ounce|
1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, shallots, garlic, thyme sprigs, whole peppercorns, kosher salt and olive oil. Squeeze the lemon halves over the saucepan and add the squeezed halves to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then simmer over moderate heat for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar and rice vinegar and microwave at high power for 1 minute; stir to dissolve the sugar. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper and the green papaya. Season with sea salt and black pepper and toss to coat.
3. In a small bowl, mash the lime juice into the avocado and season with sea salt and crushed red pepper.
4. Place the halibut in a deep, medium skillet, leaving some space between the fillets. Strain enough of the aromatic poaching liquid over the fish to just cover it. Simmer the halibut gently over very low heat just until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
5. Spoon the avocado mixture onto each of 4 plates and top with the fish. Using a slotted spoon, mound the papaya slaw on the halibut and serve right away.
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.4 mg18.1%
Sodium 2947 mg122.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 40 g79.5%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 177.3%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet