Creamy Leek Soup And Skate Wings With Capers And Asparagus
|Bacon||1⁄3 Pound, thick cut|
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Yukon gold potato||2 Pound|
|Creme fraiche/Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Skate wings||10 Ounce|
|Lemon rind grated||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Creamy Leek and bacon soup
1. Cut bacon into equal sized fingers.
2. Coarsely chop, shallot, leek stem, garlic and potatoes.
3. Cover a plate with paper towel.
4. In a pan, saute the bacon until crisp and brown, transfer to the plate covered with paper towel.
5. In the same skillet, add leek, shallot and garlic, sprinkle black pepper, saute for 1 minute, add potatoes and add chicken stock. Put the lid on and cook for 30 minutes.
6. Using an electric hand blender, blend the soup and add bacon, creme fraiche and salt, stir well.
7. Recipe follows.
1. Pre-heat the oven at 400F.
2. Trim asparagus.
3. In an oven proof tray, arrange asparagus, sprinkle lemon rind, olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 400F for 8 minutes.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the skate wings.
5. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter, carefully place the skate wings, add caper. Flip when it turns opaque form one side, splash lemon juice.
6. Plate along with roasted asparagus and your favorite wine.