Whole Wheat Popovers With Stone Ground Flour
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), stoneground, sifted|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Vegetable oil||8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
2. Put the eggs, milk, sifted flour, and salt in the container of an electric blender and blend for half a minute or, if using an electric mixer, beat at high speed for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the melted butter.
4. Pour 1 teaspoon oil in the bottom of eight iron popover forms or six large muffin tins. Heat for 2 minutes in the oven.
5. Fill the forms or tins three-quarters full and bake for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes longer. For drier popovers, prick each one, turn oven off, and let them stand in the hot oven for 5 minutes.