Carrot And Currant Pan Bread
|Shredded carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|15% buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||3 Ounce|
|Frozen apple juice concentrate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Dried currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||8 Teaspoon (2 Tablespoons Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||3 Tablespoon|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In medium bowl, combine carrots, buttermilk, and oats; set aside 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine juice concentrate and currants; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
4. In small bowl, beat egg and oil; pour into oat mixture. Add remaining ingredients and currants with juice; stir well.
5. Pour into prepared pan; spread to make even layer. Bake until lightly browned and cracked on top, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Cut into squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1713 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.5%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 2264 mg94.3%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.6%
Dietary Fiber 36.8 g147.4%
Sugars 80 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 511.4% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 63.6% Iron 82.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet