Southern Spoon Bread
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Pour boiling water over cornmeal; stir until smooth.
3. Beat in remaining ingredients, except egg whites.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into mixture.
5. Turn into 1 1/2- quart casserole sprayed with vegetable pan spray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until set.
6. Spoon into serving dishes.