Tomatzas Decadent Raisin Bread
|Dough||1 Pound, proofed dough|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple||1 , chop|
|Lemon||1 , juiced and zested|
1. Soak the raisins in boiling water and amaretto.
2. Soak the chopped apple in lemon juice and zest.
1. Pound down the proofed dough and dust it with flour.
2. Roll it out using a rolling pin.
3. Once rolled, sprinkle cinnamon, 1 cup of soaked raisins and 1/2 of the lemon-apple mix.
4. Roll the bread together from one end to the other. Tuck the corners until the two ends meet.
5. Place the dough in a parchment papers lined baking bread tray.
6. Let the dough rise again for an hour with the oven light on.
7. Once done, beat an egg in a bowl for an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on the dough and sprinkle some sugar over it.
8. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Place the dough for 30 minutes in the oven. Alternatively, when the center of the bread reaches 205 degrees, the bread is ready.
10. Slice, plate and serve.