Charlotte A 1 Orange
|Ladyfingers||11 , split|
|Chocolate glaze||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed (1 Can)|
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Line the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan with 5 ladyfingers. Dip remaining ladyfingers into the Chocolate Glaze to coat about one fourth of each. Arrange ladyfingers around edge of pie pan, having chocolate tips uppermost. Drizzle half of remaining glaze over ladyfingers in pan. (Reserve rest of glaze for topping.) Set aside.
2. Combine gelatin, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in water. Set over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and blend in undiluted orange juice concentrate. Chill until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour evaporated milk into a refrigerator tray and place in freezer until ice crystals form around edges. Turn into a chilled bowl and beat until very stiff; fold into gelatin.
5. Turn filling into the pie pan. Drizzle top with remaining Chocolate Glaze. Chill until firm (about 3 hours).