|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Aromatic bitters||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Bottled)|
|White frosting||4 Ounce (From A Tube)|
|Red hot candies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda onto wax paper.
2. Beat butter or margarine and sugar until fluffy in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed. Beat in eggst one at a time, then vanilla and bitters until well blended.
3. Stir in flour mixture to make a stiff dough. Wrap in wax paper and chill 3 hours, or overnight.
4. Roll out dough, a quarter at a time, to a 1/4-inch thickness on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board. Cut into stars with a 3-inch cutter. Place on cookie sheets.
5. Bake in hot oven (400°) 10 minutes, or until cookies are firm; remove to wire racks with spatula; cool.
6. Place the star tip on frosting tube and press a star onto center of each cookie; top each with a red-hot candy.