Basic Beef Stew Part 2 - Cooking
|Pot roast of beef||2 1⁄2 Pound, cubed (Brisket)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||42 Ounce (two and half 28 ounce can)|
|Celery stalks||3 Medium, chop|
|Onions||2 Medium, chop|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chop|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, dice|
|Frozen peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a deep pan, warm up some oil, put half of the beef cubes and cook until they are brown.
2. Take them out and brown the second batch of meat.
3. Add fresh crushed pepper to the meat.
4. Once the second batch of meat is browned mix up all the meat in the pan.
5. Add the vegetables to the meat and then add 1 can of tomato.
6. Add Bovril, water and ½ can of tomatoes.
7. Add garlic paste and give a stir to all the ingredients.
8. Then add 1/2 can of tomatoes to the pot. Start boiling the stew.
9. Once it comes to a boil reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours, covered.
10. Throw in the potatoes and peas, sprinkle paprika towards the last half an hour, once they are cooked turn off the heat.
11. Serve Beef Stew with cornbread.
Highly recommended to watch Part 1
Calories 1154 Calories from Fat 580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.5%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.1 mg62.4%
Sodium 734.9 mg30.6%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 69 g138.5%
Vitamin A 252.8% Vitamin C 149.2%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 72.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet