Classic Homemade Pear Cobbler
|Pears||7 Cup (112 tbs), peeled and sliced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Juice of lemon||1 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, ground|
|Biscuit topping||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 Milliliter)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Biscuit flavoring||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. In large bowl, put together pears with brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and nutmeg and toss gently.
2. Into an 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish, pour the mixture.
3. In bowl, whisk together flour; sugar; baking powder; baking soda and salt.
4. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, crumble the butter.
5. In a measuring cup, stir lemon rind into buttermilk; drizzle over flour mixture, stirring with fork to form soft, sticky dough.
6. Spoon dough in 9 evenly spaced mounds over fruit.
7. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 35 minutes until bubbly and topping is light golden and no longer doughy underneath when lifted with spoon.
For more information please visit: www.legourmet.tv
This video is a creation of Legourmettv. You can visit legourmet for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 177.2 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 4 g8.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet