Arroz Con Gandules
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), hot|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|For pork ribs|
|Pork spare ribs||3 Pound, cut into 3 inch pieces|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red hot pepper||To Taste|
|Gandules||1 Pound, frozen|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , chopped|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a pan add oil(2 tablespoon) and achiote, heat slightly to extract the color.
2. In a pan, combine all ingredients of the pork, put on heat, cook for few minutes.Cover and cook for about 50 minutes.
3. In a pot, add gandules along with water and salt, allow to cook for 10 minutes.
4. In another pan, place all ingredients of the sofrito.
5. To the ribs, add the achiote oil, cook for few minutes.
6. Add sofrito ingredients to one side of the pan, cook together for few minutes.
7. Add gandules and hot water, cook for few minutes. Add rice and mix.
8. Serve hot on a banana leaf.
Calories 660 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.6%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.7 mg27.2%
Sodium 409.4 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 41 g82.8%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 52.4%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet