Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon (Place As Much As You Like)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Place As Much As You Like)|
|For sauce or gravy|
|Canned mushroom soup||12 Ounce (1 Large Can)|
|Salt||To Taste (To Season Gravy)|
|Pepper||To Taste (To Season Gravy)|
|Ground beef||3 Pound|
|Mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
- Combine ingredients for patties. Mix well and shape into patties or if you want them smaller like meatball sized, you can shape it that way.
- Brown the patties in a pan with some cooking oil. You do not have to cook them fully – just brown the outside. Set aside the cooked the browned patties.
- To prepare the gravy, saute the mushrooms in some cooking oil. When they are cooked, add you cream of mushroom soup.
- Add your half and half and water and let it boil for a couple of minutes. The sauce will thicken.
- Season with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add the browned patties into the gravy.
- Let it simmer in medium low heat for at least 10 minutes or until the patties/meat are cooked all the way through.
- Serve with your favorite starch. Enjoy!
For more information please visit: http://thriftycookingmom.com/
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 650
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.6%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.4 mg81.8%
Sodium 1027.9 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet