Oyster Rockefeller with Spinach and Mornay Sauce
|Oysters||6 Large, steamed|
|Unsalted butter||8 Ounce|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Fennel||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Spinach leaves||4 Ounce, stemmed and torn|
|Pernod liqueur||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|For the mornay sauce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Nutmeg powder||1 Dash|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), finely chopped|
1. For the mornay sauce: In a saute pan on medium high, melt butter, add flour and continue mixing. Let this cook for 1 minute.
2. Pour in the milk and continue whisking. Season this with nutmeg, salt, pepper, Gruyere, parmesan cheese and cook it until it becomes thick. Sprinkle it with parsley, mix well and set aside.
3. In another saute pan, melt butter, add garlic, shallots, celery, fennel and stir fry for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the spinach and mix well with some pernod and steam it for 10 minutes on low heat.
5. Take 6 steamed oysters, loosen the flesh and place them on a serving plate. Spoon the spinach mixture onto the oyster flesh and top them with the mornay sauce.
6. Serve these oyster rockefellers hot.