Minnesota Fudge Cake
|Granulated sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||4 1⁄2 Ounce (4 1/2 X 1 Ounce Squares)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Beat one of the eggs and combine it with one cup of the sugar, the chocolate and three-quarters cup of the milk in a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over low heat, until the chocolate melts and the mixture thickens. Cool to room temperature.
3. Mix the butter and shortening and add the remaining sugar gradually. Cream until fluffy. Add the vanilla and coloring. Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
4. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the butter mixture alternately with the remaining milk, beating well. Beat until smooth. Blend in the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour into three nine-inch greased layer pans, lined in the bottom with waxed paper, and bake twenty-five to thirty minutes. Cool and frost as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5857 Calories from Fat 2232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 256 g393.5%
Saturated Fat 111.4 g556.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 1217.9 mg406%
Sodium 3578.3 mg149.1%
Total Carbohydrates 854 g284.8%
Dietary Fiber 27.6 g110.2%
Sugars 525.6 g
Protein 92 g183.8%
Vitamin A 60.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 78.2% Iron 302.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet