Oysters Rockefeller 1
|Oysters||24 (On The Half Shell)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped shallots/Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), finley minced|
|Chopped watercress||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fennel||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Anisette/Pernod||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to hot (450° F.).
2. Fill four tin pie plates with rock salt and arrange six oysters on each.
3. In a skillet heat the butter, add the parsley, celery, shallots and garlic and cook three minutes. Add the watercress and fennel and cook until the watercress wilts, about one minute.
4. Pour the mixture into the container of an electric blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until the sauce is thoroughly pureed, about one minute. If a blender is not available, put the ingredients through a food mill or pound in a mortar.
5. Place one tablespoon of the sauce on each oyster and spread to the rim of the shell. Bake the oysters just until the sauce bubbles, about four minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2675 Calories from Fat 1824
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 207 g318.4%
Saturated Fat 121 g604.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 997.4 mg332.5%
Sodium 1682.6 mg70.1%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 104 g207.2%
Vitamin A 239.8% Vitamin C 222.8%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 304.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet