Oysters Rockefeller 1
|Oysters||24 (On The Half Shell)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped shallots/Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), finley minced|
|Chopped watercress||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped fennel||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Anisette/Pernod||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat oven to hot (450° F.).
2. Fill four tin pie plates with rock salt and arrange six oysters on each.
3. In a skillet heat the butter, add the parsley, celery, shallots and garlic and cook three minutes. Add the watercress and fennel and cook until the watercress wilts, about one minute.
4. Pour the mixture into the container of an electric blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend until the sauce is thoroughly pureed, about one minute. If a blender is not available, put the ingredients through a food mill or pound in a mortar.
5. Place one tablespoon of the sauce on each oyster and spread to the rim of the shell. Bake the oysters just until the sauce bubbles, about four minutes.