Loco Moco is a wonderful Hawaiian dish. The loco moco consists of cooked rice topped with a hamburger patty, a sunny side up and a thick gravy with a garnish of the green onions. Loco moco is a popular breakfast meal served in restaurants in Hawaii. Try out this amazing dish and enjoy!!
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Tablespoon (Diced For Gravy)
2 Tablespoon (Diced For Garnish)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1) In a bowl, combine the ground beef and onions. Break and add an egg into the beef, mix well.
2) Shape the mixture into 2 patties.
3) In a rice cooker, add 2 cups of rice and water, just an inch above the rice and switch on.
4) In a saucepan, melt 1 tbsp butter, saute the onions, then pour the beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Add the corn starch slurry, and simmer until the gravy is slightly thickened.
6) Grill the beef patties in a grill machine until cooked.
7) In a pan, prepare two sunny side ups with the eggs.
8) Spoon the cooked rice in a bowl, place the beef patty over the rice, top over with the sunny side up and pour over the gravy.
9) Garnish with the green onions and serve immediately.
Please see video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.
When looking to play up with ingredients in your kitchen, this tropical style treat could make for a lovely treat. This Hawaiian favorite may sound queer, but is nothing less than a delicacy. The very wonder of steamed rice topped with a thick gravy, a sunny side up and hamburger patty and garnished with loads and loads of green onions makes for a satiating breakfast. This video recipe presents a step-by-step instruction on it.