Whenever I make this recipe, I think of my Grandmother Mary Ridini. She loved chicken made this way because its crunchy, spicy, and can be cooked right on the stovetop in just a little extra virgin olive oil, which is so much healthier than deep frying!
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||6|
|Natures path heritage flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian style bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cajun spice mix||3 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((or as needed))|
1. Place cornflakes in a zip lock bag. Take a rolling pin or mallet and crush cornflakes (not too fine).
2. Pour cornflakes in a bowl. Add in breadcrumbs and Cajun spice.
3. In a separate bowl, add in two eggs, milk and beat with a fork.
4. In a skillet on the stovetop over low heat, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil.
5. Dip a piece of chicken in the egg/milk mixture, then coat with cornflake mixture. Place chicken in the skillet. Repeat until all the chicken is coated and in the skillet.
6. Squeeze lemon juice and another dash of the Cajun spice over the chicken.
7. Cook chicken until golden brown on both sides, approximately 8-12 minutes.
8. Serve with a large green salad and some of my Rosemary Potatoes,Homemade French Friesor Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cardamom.