Our Favourite Brownies Recipe
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon (plus more for pan)|
|Semisweet chocolate||6 Ounce, coarsely chopped, with juices|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC). Line a buttered 8" square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing it to hang over sides, then butter parchment.
- Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan ofbarely simmering water.
- Stir until butter and chocolate are melted, then let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment combine sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat this on medium speed until pale and creamy.
- With mixer on low speed, add the chocolate/butter mixture, and beat until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture, beating until well combined (scraping down sides of bowl as needed).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until a cake tester comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet - about 35 minutes.
- Let cool slightly in pan, then lift out with parchment overhang.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Serve!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2815 Calories from Fat 1206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 139 g213.7%
Saturated Fat 82 g410.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 616.5 mg205.5%
Sodium 760.7 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 398 g132.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.3 g89.3%
Sugars 295.4 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 54.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 27.6% Iron 87.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet