|Chopped green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (Or more, if needed)|
|Cracked pepper||To Taste (Black peppercorns, white peppercorns, red and green peppercorns)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (Or Adjust accordingly)|
|Clam juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (If required) (Optional)|
|Crawfish||1 Pound (Louisiana Variety)|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat butter in a pan, drop in flour and cook it well with constant stirring. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook it until the roux turns of peanut butter color
2. Add yellow onion, bell pepper and cook it until the vegetables release all the water and start to get tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Drop in water gradually and keep stirring such that no lumps are formed. Season with salt and cracker pepper. Add paprika, bay leaves and cayenne pepper. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
4. Drop in the crawfish tails. Cook for about 20 minutes then add clam juice if the ettaouffe thickens up too much.
5. Add green onions, garlic and parsley and let it simmer uncovered until everything is tender.
6. When the ettaouffe is almost done, drop in some butter and heavy cream, stir until well incorporated.
7. Serve it warm with french bread and rice.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 401.7 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 23 g46.9%
Vitamin A 111.7% Vitamin C 95.7%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet