Especially during the holidays, when friends drop by unexpectedly, it's nice to have a nibble or two on hand. Even beginning cooks can make Honey Crystal Almonds, which takes nominal time to prep and cook, and you'll be all set to welcome company before you know it. These nuts are great for parties, too. You can have them in small bowls to enjoy before dinner, or serve them on a cocktail buffet.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with a cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a shallow pan, evenly spread the almonds.
4. Place in cold oven; turn the oven to 350°F and roast for 12 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until well roasted.
5. In a saucepan, add honey and butter and over medium heat bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add almonds; simmer and stir for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to the prepared baking sheet; spread in a single layer and cool slightly.
7. Toss almonds with sugar to coat evenly using a medium plastic food storage bag.