Microwave Toasted Almonds
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
1) Into the pie plate, add in butter. Microwave on HIGH for 60 seconds till the butter melts completely.
2) Add in the slivered almonds into the butter. Mix well to coat.
3) Microwave once again on HIGH for about 4 1/2 minutes. Stir once in between the cooking time till the almonds brown slightly.
4) Let the almonds rest in the pie plate for about 5 minutes before serving. The almonds tend to get darker in color the longer they are allowed to sit.
5) To serve, sprinkle buttered almonds over cooked broccoli and other greens, sauted celery etc.