Maple Almond Chews
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Puffed cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carob chips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees C.
2. In a cookie sheet, roast almonds for around 15 minutes and keep it aside to cool.
3. In a food processor, coarsely chop almonds using the steel blade of the processor with on and off turns. Transfer it into a bowl.
4. Add puffed cereal and carob chips. Mix it well and keep it aside. You can even use granola in place of puffed cereal.
5. Take an 8-inch square pan and grease it.
6. Take maple syrup in it and bring it to a boil.
7. Pour it over the earlier prepared dry mix and stir it immediately.
8. In a cookie pan, take the batter and chill it in the refrigerator for around 2 hours.
9. To serve Maple Almond Chews, cut into squares. They taste best on the day they are made.
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.9 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 28.4 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.1% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet