Almond Fruit Basket
|Angel cake mix||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen pineapple||14 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Can)|
|Frozen peaches||12 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Apricot preserves||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced and toasted|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease a 10-inch tube pan.
3) Make the cake batter with cake mix and water, as mentioned in the label directions.
4) Transfer the cake batter into the tube pan.
5) Bake in the oven 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Hang cake in pan upside down over a quart-size soft drink bottle.
7) Allow to cool completely.
8) Using a knife, loosen the cake around edge and tube.
9) On a large serving plate, place the cake upside down.
10) In a medium bowl, mix together pineapple, peaches, and kirsch.
11) Refrigerate for at least an hour to blend flavors.
12) Begin 1/2 inch in from outer edge of cake and using a sharp knife and in a sawing motion, cut a cone-shape piece from center of the cake.
13) Lift the cone shape cake out and cover the remaining part to make another dessert.
14) In a saucepan, gently heat preserves just until it starts to boil.
15) In a small bowl, pass the preserve through a sieve.
16) Using a brush apply the outer side of cake with preserves to glaze evenly.
17) Stick the almonds into glaze.
18) When ready to serve. peel bananas and slice.
19) Mix the bananas with chilled fruits and place into hollow in cake.
20) Garnish with maraschino cherries, if desired.
21) Slice the cake into wedges and serve with some of the fruit pieces.