Almond Popcorn Clusters
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly popped corn||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||6 Ounce (1 Package / 1 Cup)|
|Salted toasted coconut chips||4 Ounce (1 Can / 1 Cup)|
1) In a kettle, place together sugar, molasses, corn syrup, butter or margarine, and lemon juice.
2) Simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
3) Take the pan off the heat.
4) Fold in the popcorn, almonds and coconut chips.
5) Lightly toss until the popcorns are evenly coated.
6) Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until mixture is very sticky.
7) Transfer the popcorn mixture on the wax paper.
8) Leave aside for few minutes or until cool enough to handle.
9) Shape into 2-inch clusters.
10) Allow to stand until coating is firm and dry.
11) Store in a loosely covered container.
12) Serve as desired.