Almond Popcorn Clusters
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly popped corn||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Whole blanched almonds||6 Ounce (1 Package / 1 Cup)|
|Salted toasted coconut chips||4 Ounce (1 Can / 1 Cup)|
1) In a kettle, place together sugar, molasses, corn syrup, butter or margarine, and lemon juice.
2) Simmer, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
3) Take the pan off the heat.
4) Fold in the popcorn, almonds and coconut chips.
5) Lightly toss until the popcorns are evenly coated.
6) Simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until mixture is very sticky.
7) Transfer the popcorn mixture on the wax paper.
8) Leave aside for few minutes or until cool enough to handle.
9) Shape into 2-inch clusters.
10) Allow to stand until coating is firm and dry.
11) Store in a loosely covered container.
12) Serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1697 Calories from Fat 804
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.8%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 175.8 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 214 g71.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.9%
Sugars 133.7 g
Protein 45 g90.6%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 54.7% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet