Choco Almond Triangles
|Toasted slivered almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 Can, From Two Cans Of 5 Ounce Each)|
|Flaked coconut||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|10x confectioners sugar||1 Pound, sifted (1 Package)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||3|
1) Lightly butter a 9x9x2-inch pan.
2) Coarsely chop 1 cup of the almonds.
3) In a medium bowl, place together chopped almonds, coconut and butter or margarine.
4) Stir in 10X sugar, alternately with evaporated milk, until well-mixed.
5) Stream into a pan, pressing down firmly with back of spoon to make an even layer.
6) In a small bowl over double boiler, melt the semisweet chocolate.
7) Smear over coconut layer.
8) Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until chocolate is firm.
9) Slice lengthwise, then crosswise into sixths to make 36 squares.
10) Take the squares our of the pan.
11) Slice each square in half diagonally.
12) Lightly press a slivered almond on top of each triangle, refrigerate until chilled and serve.