Vegan Almond Toppers
|Wholemeal flour||4 Ounce (115 gram)|
|Vegan margarine||5 Ounce (140 grams)|
|Almonds||1 Ounce (30 grams)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce (55 grams)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (85 grams)|
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
2. Scald and skin the whole almonds. Break it into halves.
3. Beat the vegan margarine.
4. Add the ground almonds.
5. Add the flour and sugar to it.
6. Knead it until the dough becomes smooth.
7. Roll it out and cut it into the shape of a biscuit.
8. Add a piece of almond on the top of each biscuit.
9. Keep it aside in the refrigerator to set.
10. Bake it at 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4) for 20-30 minutes. Baking time depends on the thickness of the biscuits. On an average, if the above quantity is cut into 30 biscuits, they will cook in 20 minutes.
11. Serve Vegan Almond Toppers with hot beverages like tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2203 Calories from Fat 1380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 158 g242.8%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 46.2 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.8%
Sugars 88.8 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 101.6% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet