|Flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with rest of the dry ingredients. Sieve together and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter and sugar and cream well.
5. Add eggs and almond extract and mix well.
6. Add almonds and sieved flour and mix into dough.Cling wrap and refrigerate.
7. Place dough on a dusted surface and roll into 1/8 inch thickness.
8. Using a floured moon shaped/ crescent shaped cookie cutter, shape cookies and place on baking tray.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 120 no-€™s.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.