|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Plain gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Pam spray||2 (To Grease Molds)|
1) Lightly coat the bottom of 4 cup moulds with oil.
2) In a bowl, soak the gelatine in water.
3) In an electric blender, place the almonds, milk and gelatine mixture.
4) Process the almond mixture until well blended.
5) In a bowl, mix sugar and egg together.
6) In a saucepan, pour the almond mixture and heat to simmer.
7) Whisk the egg mixture in the almond mixture, whisking continuously until the sugar is dissolved.
8) Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
9) Stir the extracts and equally spoon the almond mixture into cup moulds.
10) Place the moulds in refrigerator until chilled, overnight.
11) Invert to turn out on serving plate.
12) Serve with fruit sauce with little brandy in it if desired.
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.2 mg31.4%
Sodium 71.3 mg3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 11 g23%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 0.4%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet