Home Made Almond Paste
|Blanched whole almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Blue)|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor or blender, finely grind the blanched almonds to almond meal.
2. Turn out into a basin or shallow large bowl.
3. Mix sugar and salt with the almond meal.
4. Lightly beat the egg white and add to the almond mixture.
5. Working with your hand or with a wooden spoon, mix to make a stiff dough.
6. Wrap the almond paste in cling film or place in a ziplock bag and refrigerate.
7. Use the almond paste as a filling or roll out and use as an icing if you like.