Home Made Almond Paste
|Blanched whole almonds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Blue)|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a food processor or blender, finely grind the blanched almonds to almond meal.
2. Turn out into a basin or shallow large bowl.
3. Mix sugar and salt with the almond meal.
4. Lightly beat the egg white and add to the almond mixture.
5. Working with your hand or with a wooden spoon, mix to make a stiff dough.
6. Wrap the almond paste in cling film or place in a ziplock bag and refrigerate.
7. Use the almond paste as a filling or roll out and use as an icing if you like.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2040 Calories from Fat 922
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g169.4%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 593.9 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.5%
Sugars 192.8 g
Protein 51 g101.8%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 47.2% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet