Raspberry Almond Cream
|Ginger snaps||32 Ounce (2 Packet, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Unsalted butter||10 Tablespoon, sliced into small cubes|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon, lightly roasted|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs), whipped|
|Fresh raspberries||2 Pint, drained, rinsed|
1) Take a 8 to 9-inch springform pan of 2-inches depth. Grease slightly with vegetable oil.
2) In the food processor, add ginger snaps, butter, vanilla. Blend to get a smooth mixture.
3) In a saucepan, add milk, sugar and almonds and cook on medium-high flame. When the mixture starts to simmer, turn down the flame and cook for 10 minutes longer.
4) In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in cold water. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
5) In a large bowl, add egg yolks and sugar. Beat till the mixture become light yellow and frothy. Add a few tablespoons of the milk mixture into the yolks. Blend well before pouring the yolk mixture into the saucepan.
6) On low heat, stir the mixture for about 5 minutes till it becomes heavy cream like. Do not allow the mixture to come to a boil.
7) Take the saucepan off the flame and let cool for a few minutes. Add in the dissolved gelatin.
8) Strain the mixture into a large mixing bowl.Let cool for about 15 minutes at room temperature. Place the bowl over a larger bowl filled with ice. Stir continously with a wooden spoon until the mixture starts to thicken.
9) When the mixture become custard-like, gently fold in whipped cream and amaretto.
10) Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the springform pan. Layer it with half of the ginger snaps mixture. Add a pint of raspberries over it. Next, pour in the remaining custard mixture, ginger snap and raspeberries.
11) Cover the springform with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours but no more than 2 days.
12) Serve the Raspberry Almond Cream chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9056 Calories from Fat 4573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 516 g793.9%
Saturated Fat 240.9 g1204.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2876.2 mg958.7%
Sodium 3697.9 mg154.1%
Total Carbohydrates 968 g322.8%
Dietary Fiber 64.3 g257.1%
Sugars 507.5 g
Protein 142 g284.9%
Vitamin A 274.9% Vitamin C 424%
Calcium 196.3% Iron 68%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet