Glazed Almond Cookies
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Blanched almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped and blanched|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Cake flour||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Whole almonds||2 Tablespoon (Unblanched, For Garnish)|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Take a bowl, mix the sugar and butter, creaming them together until they turn fluffy and light.
3) Add the vanilla, almond extract and the eggs one by one, beating them well after adding each.
4) Add the chopped nuts, stirring them in.
5) Add the flour along with salt by sifting them together and combine properly.
6) Refrigerate for 1 hour approximately.
7) Fashion dough into small sized balls and dip them into egg whites that have not been beaten.
8) Take a cookie tray and butter it placing the balls on it.
9) Add an almond to each cookie, pressing it in.
10) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 10 minutes approximately.
11) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5709 Calories from Fat 3009
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 348 g534.6%
Saturated Fat 140.7 g703.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 859 mg286.3%
Sodium 1135.2 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 572 g190.8%
Dietary Fiber 71.2 g284.7%
Sugars 212.5 g
Protein 123 g245.8%
Vitamin A 132.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 101.5% Iron 62.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet