Maple Almond Beef
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Round steak/Sirloin steak||2 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Tiny peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), frozen, thawed|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (As Required)|
1) In large skillet or wok, saute the garlic in the heated oil for 1 minute.
2) Stir in the beef and cook until browned.
3) Stir in the onion and red pepper, then cover and steam for about 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
4) In a bowl, mix the syrup, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch together, then stir into beef mixture and cook until thickened.
5) Stir in the peas and almonds, then heat thoroughly.
6) Serve immediately over a bed of rice.