|Shelled almonds||250 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
1. Fill a medium size saucepan with about two inches (5 cm) of water
2. Place on a moderate heat and heat to boiling point.
3. When the water begins to bubble, add the almonds all at once.
4. Take pan off the heat and let the almonds soak in the boiling water for about 2 -3 minutes.
5. Drain in a strainer and refresh immediately under cold tap water to arrest the heat.
6. Let drain thoroughly.
7. To peel off the almond skins, press and squeeze each almond between thumb and forefinger to remove the skin.
8. Use the blanched almonds as required in cooking.
9. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until required